Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Glimmer and Shimmer!



If you look closely, you can see the shimmer on the snowman's face. Can you guess what that is??? :-)

I've been playing with some new things today. I borrowed my mom's Radiant Rain and her Glimmer Mist sprays. Oh, these are LOTS of fun. Messy but fun!

I started out by stamping the Plank Fence Backgrounder (SL-3203WUM) from Cornish Heritage Farms with Colorbox Dark Brown Chalk ink onto SU Whisper White cardstock. I love this fence! THIS is the fence that I have been waiting for so long to have. It is the perfect size - it will cover your entire card if that is what you are looking for. I positioned it just below the top of the card, so the snowman wouldn't be dwarfed by the fence.

You can find the fence here:

www.CornishHeritageFarms.com

They have lots and lots of wonderful backgrounds at this store. Check em out!

After the ink for the fence dried, I watercolored with SU Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip reinkers. Then I sprayed Sky Blue Radiant Rain all over this white cardstock. I didn't want to leave it all splotchy, so I took a kleenex while the spray was still wet and rubbed it all around. It sort of gives the card a windy look. I then took a sponge dabbed in SU White craft ink and dabbed it all over the blue and the fence. It looks like a windy snowy day.

For the snowman, I stamped it (SU Cold Play) and cut out all three circles, then sprayed the circles with Snowflake Glimmer Mist. So much fun! His coals are stamped with Graphite Black Brilliance ink. I wanted him to have arms, so I stamped the arms on the background layer (on the fence), then attached the circles on top.

The sign is a small piece of Close to Cocoa cs that I ripped up, sponged SU white craft ink all around, and stamped "let it snow" with the same white craft ink. I let that dry, and then I went over it with Baby Blue Stickles. I used the same Stickles on the snow at the bottom (scrap pieces of white cs that I tore and glued down). The sign is attached to the fence with a "nail" - a brad from Making Memories. I sponged the edges of the Chocolate Chip cardstock before I glued down the fence layer to the card.

This card is so shimmery and sparkly! I wish you could see it in person - you can't really capture all the shimmer in a photograph.

Well, I'm off to have some supper with my hunny. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

This is just too cute, Holly!! I love your background and that fabulous fence!! I'm glad you did the experimenting with the mist....now you can teach me how to use it!!