Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Stamping with Real Leaves



Another challenge for VSN was to find a real leaf, ink it up, and stamp with it. That was WAY too fun!!!

My hubby walked outside with me, and helped me pull some leaves off some of the trees. I used a leaf from the rose bush on this card. It's actually easier than I thought I would be - just ink up the leaf with Old Olive ink, turn it over onto the Olive cardstock, press it down with my fingers, and take the leaf off. Voila!

I colored the pumpkin with watercolor crayons and my Aquapainter, and mounted it on Chocolate Chip cardstock. I stamped the "happy Autumn" with Chocolate Chip ink, and then used a sponge dipped in Pumpkin Pie ink to sponge the edges of the tag. The Pumpkin Pie DS paper is actually a leftover scrap from another card I had made, and it worked perfectly here. The crazy brown fibers are from a roll that I picked up at Tuesday Morning about a year ago.

Why don't you make a card using a real leaf to stamp your background? Walk outside right now and pick a leaf. Go on! Make your card and leave a comment here where I can see your card. I'd love to see what you create!

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful fall card... I love all the warm colors and the fiber id just perfect!!