Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tent Topper card



My good friends, Chris and Danita, and I took a challenge last night to create a tent topper card. I looked around my stamp collection, and decided I wanted to use this Believe stamp. I have had it for maybe 6 months, and I still hadn't inked it up.

I looked around my studio for some color inspiration, and I saw these retired SU papers. Hmmmm....... yeah, why not? From there, I started pulling out cardstock and papers and arranging them to see how it would look.

I stamped the Believe with Chocolate Chip ink onto Vanilla cardstock, then sponged some more Chocolate Chip very lightly onto the edges. It softens up the image and gives it that wonderful aged look.

Instead of using ribbon on this card, I decided to try some piercing, and I put brads into every other hole. All in all, this card took me about 45 minutes to make. I am looking forward to our next challenge! Thanks for playing with me last night, girls!

2 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

What a gorgeous card, Holly! Looks like your friends and you surely had a sweet stampin' time! Yaay!

~Bev

Joan Ervin said...

Holly, what a beautiful card!! I love the sentiment as the topper and the papers are sooo pretty. Sounds like you 3 girls had a great time last night...I'm glad you are staying out of trouble...teehee!!