Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

New Road in Eggplant and Gold



I wanted to make a clean and simple card to showcase the pearlized paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby. It's by DCWV, and it's titled "The Luxury Stack." This paper is so shimmery and pearly and beautiful.

To keep it simple, I chose to stamp a quote from Asela's Bird Sampler just released last week at Cornish Heritage Farms. I stamped it with Royal Purple stazon ink onto Poison Ivory shimmery cardstock. It is layered on Brushed Gold cs, and then Eggplant cs.

I had a tiny scrap of Eggplant grosgrain ribbon left over in my "trash," so I folded it over and glued it underneath. I tied some Vanilla taffeta ribbon across the pearlized paper, and called it a day. Clean and simple.

The quote goes: "Still round the corner there may wait, a new road, or a garden gate. J.R.R Tolkien"

Stamps: Asela's Bird Sampler at Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Royal Purple stazon
CS: Poison Ivory, Brushed Gold, Eggplant, DCWV Luxury Stack
Other: Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Vanilla taffeta ribbon

2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is simply elegant!!! I love it Holly~

Kim Marie said...

Elegant and lovely, Holly...I can experience the pearlization without actually even seeing it (I have a VERY good imagination!) Love the sentiment on it too!
Blessings!
Kim