Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Belli #21 - Cowboy Up!



This week's Belli Challenge is to use your watercolor crayons. My previous entry showed you how I colored directly on the stamps in place of an ink pad. For this card, I used watercolor crayons as a normal coloring medium.

I stamped the boot and hat image with Adirondack Espresso ink, let it dry, and then pulled out my aquapainter and watercolor crayons. I touch the aquapainter to the end of the crayon to pick up some color, and then just color in the images normally. Can you see the toe of the boot where it looks sort of silvery? That was from my pot of Silver Pearl Ex and Gum Arabic mixed together (I did this several years ago).

I used blue on the boot in honor of Chrissy's Lake Delton. The awful flooding and erosion in Wisconsin has wiped out Lake Delton, which is right there where Chrissy lives. She and her family are safe, thank goodness, but who knows how many of her neighbors are now homeless? So if you think blue was an odd choice of boot, please forgive me. It's my way of paying tribute.

Let's all honor Chrissy and her neighbors by pulling out the watercolor crayons and coloring in an image with some blue. If you upload your card to SCS, please use keyword CBC21.

Stamps: I picked these up at a LSS - these are rather old stamps. Sentiment is from Joyce Meyer, and the image is © '04 DRS.
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, Walnut Stain distress ink
CS: Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Weathered dsp (retired SU)
Other: distressing tool from tool kit, sponge, hemp, aquapainter, watercolor pencils

2 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is an awesome card, Holly!!! I love the images and your watercoloring is gorgeous!!! I actually did a Belli challenge....combined it with 2 other challenges. Sorry, I didn't use blue...shoulda read you blog before I started coloring!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Holly - this a fabulous card. But...I don't live in the Wisconsin Dells - but we go there quite often as a family. Sorry for the error in communication - we do have a lot of flooding in our area - and Lake Delton - is gone but it is 90 minutes away. Closer to our friend C. Thanks for playing in the Belli CHallenge! LOVE YOUR CARD!