Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Card Keeper




















This was a totally FUN project to play with today. I ordered this cardkeeper kit from www.cardkeepers.com and I just had to start playing with it. This kit comes with two super duper heavy cardboard pieces (front and back), two rings, and 10 plastic sleeves that are perfect for storing my A2 sized cards. I am definitely going to order more - I love this!!!

For this first keeper, I pulled out my Basic Grey Two Scoops paper and cut it to size. I lined them up and used a pencil to draw where the two holes are in the top, and I punched those holes out with a hole punch. After I covered the heavy chipboard with a glue stick, I pressed the paper down into it and let it dry. Then the fun began!

I picked out the chipboard letters and covered them with Worn Lipstick Distress Crackle Paint. I used the same crackle paint on the swirly grungeboard piece as well. Once these pieces dried, I glued them to my front, added the buttons and the alphabet stickers ("my"), and covered the "my" with Yellow Stickles for some sparkle. All that was left was to add some ribbon to the rings, and then fill up the plastic sleeves with cards. Believe me, that did not take long! LOL

Now I need to order some more so I have some place to put all these cards. I have boxes and baskets everywhere filled with cards. They would look so much prettier in a decorated Card Keeper, wouldn't they? :-)

No comments: