Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Doodle Poinsettia



Are you in the mood for Christmas yet? It's still in the 90's here in Texas, and I am sooooooo ready for cooler weather. I made this quick and simple card to get me started on my Christmas cards.

I stamped the big flower from Doodle This onto Real Red cardstock two times, and once on Glorious Green cardstock. After I cut them out, I turned them over so the stamped image was on the back. I took each petal between my fingers and just sort of curled them over to give them some texture. I also smooshed my ink pads over them (Real Red on Real Red, and Green on Green) to give them additional depth.

After I let them dry, I simply put a green flower on the bottom, and two red ones on top of that, staggering the petals. I punched out the middle and put a yellow rhinestone brad in the center, and attached the whole thing to the card with dimensionals. These would make some fast and easy Christmas cards! :-)

Stamps: Doodle This, Many Merry Messages
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Glorious Green
CS: Real Red, Glorious Green, Kraft
Other: Fire square rhinestone brad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Holly...LOVE THE CARD!! Poinsetia are my favorite flowers at Christmas. Keep up the great work.