Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Silent Blue Night



I was inspired by Debbie Olson's latest post where she painted the edge of her nesty-cut image with a metallic pen. In order to let the blue image remain a focal point, I kept the background very pale.


Can you see the Aged Sheet Music scrapblock on the pale pink card? I had stamped it with white craft ink, but it wasn't very visible, so I dumped Irridescent Ice embossing powder on it and heated it up. Then I smooshed my white craft ink around the eges of the pink card. The snowflake is covered with Star Dust stickles, and then I put a pale blue dew drop in the center.


Stamps: Christmas Expressions, Silent Night (Kinkade image), Aged Sheet Music scrapblock (all from Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: white craft, Broken China distress ink
CS: Pink Pirouette, White
Other: Irridescent Ice embossing powder, silver ribbon, snowflake punch (Martha Stewart), dew drop, Star Dust stickles, silver paint pen

3 comments:

Chrissy D said...

This is stunning Holly - this is such a peaceful scene! So lovely! TFS!

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors!!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Holly this is FABULOUS!!!! The colors are gorgeous and I love the shimmer around the edge....beautifully done!!!!!