Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Trendy Trees designer paper



I've gone crazy for Trendy Trees this weekend. I've spent two days nonstop playing with this set from Stampin Up. I had this idea in my head to make my own designer paper with the trees, but I just needed a little extra help picking my colors. With Chrissy to the rescue, she suggested Kiwi Kiss to go with my Saffron and Baja Breeze colors. I think they look great together!

This card was not a 5 minute card. I had to take it slow and easy, stamping one thing at a time, using the stampamajig to make sure I had the placement of the tree tops correct. It's so neat how the tree tops are different shapes for each color. It really reminds me of designer paper.

By the way, you are seeing a tiny little sneak peak on this card. Can you guess what it is?? In the new mini catalog from Stampin Up starting on April 1, you will be able to order the scallop oval punch! It's gorgeous! It fits perfectly with the large oval punch already available from Stampin Up. Be sure to contact your Stampin Up demonstrator on April 1 so you can order your own scallop oval punch. :-)

Stamps: Trendy Trees, Upsy Daisy
Ink: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa
CS: Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Other: stampamajig, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, saffron wide grosgrain ribbon (from SAB ribbon bundle)

1 comment:

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh Holly, this is fabulous!!!
It turned out really great and it's a beautiful card! Good job!
Blessings, Maria