Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

CBCC #33 - coke can pull tabs

This week's CBCC challenge is to use the silver pull tabs from a coke can. I have used these before to act as a ribbon buckle, but I wanted to come up with something different this time. Is this different enough for ya? ;-)




The diploma and the Congratulations sentiment are digital stamps created by my very own friend Chris Dickinson. You can find these over at Sweet N Sassy under digital stamps. All you have to do is order these, submit your payment, and then you can download the images and print them off. How cool is that? No waiting for the stamps to be mailed to you. AND you can make these any size you want - I love that!

For the pull tab, I begged my hubby to pull it off of his Coke can, and I went to work. The hole was too big at first and the light blue rhinestone brad kept falling through the hole. How was I supposed to fix that??

Lightbulb! I found the jumbo silver eyelets I've been hoarding, and attached that to the white paper with the coke pull tab between them. Then I put the rhinestone brad in there and it didn't fall through. :-)

Save the tabs from your own Coke cans (or Sprite or Pepsi or whatever you like to drink) and put them to work on your own cards. Need more inspiration? Check out what the other Challenge Chicks came up with:


Courtney Fowler
Maria Fiscella
Danielle Marcus
Sparkle Smith
Maria Gurnsey
Kim Gruetzmacher
Risa Malieta West


When you create your card and upload it to SCS or to PCP, please use keyword CBCC33. Have fun playing along with this challenge!

9 comments:

Nancy Sanders said...

How clever and cute, love it.

Risa said...

Very cute card and I love your pull tab idea..awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Kim said...

Holly that is a AWESOME idea! I love it hun!!!! What a wonderful "pull out" your coke tab makes! My hubby was looking at me strange when I was saving my tabs for over a month (as we don't drink soda pop that much here)! Ha ha!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Dani said...

Wow! That is such a great idea! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

WOW, way to think outside the box!! I love it :)

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great idea! I love your card.

elaine said...

I love it!! What a great idea, I'm glad you thought of it so I can case it :~)

Thanks for sharing.

Courtney said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is super duper neato!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is fabulous!!! Great use of the coke tab!