Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Belli Challenge #72 - water based markers



I had done this card over a month ago so it would be ready for today's Belli Challenge. I've been recovering from surgery, so I was unable to work on a Peachy Keen colored image for you today. To see what the other Belli Girls have created with their Peachy Keen images, please check out the Belli Blog. They have created some adorably CUTE cards with these sweet images.

Since I knew today's challenge was to create something using water based markers (no Copics!), I picked a solid stamp. I love inking up solid stamps with water based markers, huffing on them, and then pressing them down on cardstock. It's quick and easy, and the results are gorgeous. It's fun to blend two shades of a similar color right there on the stamp.

I hope you pick up your old markers and give them some love. Use them to color an image, use them to ink up a rubber stamp, or scribble them on a craft mat, mist them, and smoosh cardstock on it for a neat background. Pull those markers out and have fun! Share a link to your work on the Belli Blog and you could win a $25 gift certificate to go shopping at Peachy Keen !

Stamps: Penny Black flower, Paper Bag Studios sentiment
Ink: Mellow Moss, Artichoke, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip (all markers)
CS: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Basic Grey Porcelain dsp
Other: Top Note die cut, chocolate satin ribbon, flower buttons, linen thread

11 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Look at you, little sick one, with this gorgeous card! So smart to make it up ahead of time. Perfect DP with that image. It's gorgeous! Hope you're doing OK.

Juliana said...

WOW!!
This is beautiful!!!
I love the way you used the makers--and that sentiment!!

Absolutely lovely!!!
(hope you are healing well!!)

Ceal said...

Holly your card is just Beautiful! TFS
hope you are getting better everyday! miss you around

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Beautiful! So soft and elegant.

Fern said...

Holly, this is gorgeous.. I love the image.. I'm so glad you uploaded it... Feel better soon, gf... Hugs!! :o)

Anne Harada said...

This is an awesome technique for markers! I had forgotten about this, I love your image and how it came out. The sentiment and your composition of this card is beautiful Holly!! Get Well Soon GF!!

Anonymous said...

Holly, This is just beautiful. So soft and elegant. Get well soon my friend. Linda Duke

Dani said...

oooooooooowwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen


This is gorgeous! Glad to see you posting girl! Hope all is well!

And Owen likes the card too! :)

Joan Ervin said...

This is one FABULOUS design, little girl....I LOVE your huffed flower an how you stamped the sentiment over the stems...gorgeous colors and papers, too!!!!!

Savor the Journey said...

***gasp***
I'm in absolute LUV with this beauty! Your color work is outstanding ... everything about this is gorgemous, Holly!!

~Tex

Kim Marie said...

GORGEOUS, Holly :)
I think this is a favorite of all your designs....impeccably elegant!
Kim Marie