Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fiery Pinks and a flabbergasted stamper



I had no idea when I made this card that it would result in winning a $50 shopping spree at Cornish Heritage Farms. I was just floored when I found out this morning. CHF has a Summer Design Challenge going on this month, and last week's challenge was to use a resist technique.

I pulled out my Fiery Florals scrapblock and debated how to create this card. I stamped the Spanish Script with a very pale pink ink on a slanted angle, and then stamped the Fiery Florals with Versamark and covered it with clear embossing powder. After heating the powder and letting it cool, I sponged all over the background with different colors of pink inks. I love the way you see pale pink here and deeper pink there.

I really had fun making this card, and I wasn't even thinking about winning this particular challenge. There are so many wonderful cards in the gallery, and I was sure that the CHF folks would have picked one of the other ladies to win. You never know until you try, right? :-)

Stamps: Spanish Script, Fiery Florals, Mother's Day Centers (all from Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Versamark, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Memento Tuxedo Black
CS: Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: clear embossing powder, sponge, nestability, pink silk flower, black organdy ribbon, ribbon slide

7 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

It's a gorgeous card, Holly, and that's why you won! I'm so happy for you!!

Savor the Journey said...

Woooooooooohooooooooooooo, Holly!
Congratulations, Ms. Holly!
Terrific presentation of this technique!

~Bev

Joan Ervin said...

Congrats, Holly....your card is FABULOUS!!!!!! I looked at all the cards uploaded for the challenge and yours was by far, the BEST!!!!! Did ya notice that almost the whole RN DT left you a comment ont the CHF's blog...you have lots of *Moms*!!! Love ya!!!

peggysue said...

Congratulations, this is a fabulous card! Well deserving of a win. Have fun with your prize!

Susan said...

Hey, Holly, sometimes ya just know you've got a winner! Your card is stunning. Enjoy your shopping spree! Don't we all keep a shopping cart over at CHF!!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Congrats!! Your card is so elegant - definitely a winner! Enjoy your new toys : )

suzARTe said...

this card is just beautiful. Love the colours and the ribbon adds a lovely touch