Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sweet Stop Sketch #35 - Pocket of Roses



Would you believe I am actually tired of making Christmas cards??? Yup, me! So for today's Sweet Stop sketch, I decided to break away from that and do something pretty and lacy and feminine instead. This week's sketch involves a twist, which is to incorporate a pocket into this card.

I always need birthday cards for family members and girlfriends, so this will come in handy for the next birthday party. I found some Anna Griffin paper and I knew lace would look lovely with this. The hard part was finding the right stamps to go with this paper and this card size.

Look closely and you will see a faint outline of roses behind the sentiment on the tag. This tag pulls out of the pocket so the recipient can use it as a bookmark. I thought about putting a Hershey's candy bar in the pocket, but I don't think it would travel well through the Post Office. LOL

You should see what the other Sugar Babies have created with this week's sketch with a twist. They have created some wonderful pocket cards over on the Sweet Stop Sketches blog. Go check them out and leave them some love. :-)

Can you believe it is now less than a week til Christmas is here? Wow, this year has just flown by, I tell ya! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends. Enjoy the food, the fun, and the festivities with your loved ones. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Oh! This is beautiful Holly! LOVE this paper and the stamps you used! FAB card (even if it isn't a Christmas card...LOL!!)

Barb g (WV) said...

The papers are gorgeous and the lace is the perfect touch for this card. Love the pull out tag with the sentiment, but even more, I love your idea of adding a chocolate bar...I'm gonna work on that idea, LOL!
Love it all, I give it a 'superior' rating!
Barbg(WV)

Beverly Kissler said...

Holly I changed my birthday to Jan. 2 so you have plenty of time to send this card to me...lol
It is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Joan Ervin said...

You know I LOVE this pretty, lacy design!!! What gorgeous paper and how cool to add the pocket!!!Someone is going to love using the sentiment tag as a book mark!!!