Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sepia Clown


There is a brand new sheet of rubber at I Brake for Stamps featuring some wonderfully drawn clowns which you can see HERE. This is just one of the clowns on the sheet, and I kept thinking how vintage and old-timey these clowns look. So I used the Sepia technique from Technique Junkies here to give my clown an old-world feel.

The colors were inspired by this week's Color Throwdown challenge #118 - Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, and Kraft. Ooooohhhhhh yeah, I like these colors together. I just added in a touch of white to complete this card. Oh, and I just had to add the little pom poms - after all, no clown is complete without his pom poms.

You can order this clown as well as four others from I Brake for Stamps by clicking on THIS link. You can also save 10% on your order by entering in code SAVE10HOLLY when you check out. I have another clown card to show you on Friday, so come on back to see what I've done with the harlequin clown. Happy shopping!

2 comments:

Broni said...

I LOVE how this looks like an old photo, Holly!! And I love how you added the pom-poms!!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us this week!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Sweet image...looks fabulous on kraft! Adorable card with your distressing efforts!