Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cardabilities Sketch #17

Today is the reveal day for Cardabilities' Sketch #17. This sketch is more detailed and fancier than the previous sketches, and I had a great time adding these fun elements to my card. First up, here is Sketch #17:



Cool sketch, right?? Love that banner across the top left corner! Here is what I created for this sketch - I stretched it out to fit a normal A2 sized card (5.5" by 4.25") instead of a square:




I needed that extra room on the right side so I could tie my ribbon into a bow without it covering up the cardinal. The stamps are from Flourishes (Christmas Classics), and I colored the cardinal with Copic markers. I used the Wisped Frames technique on the circle around the cardinal.

The banner is actually some Jenni Bowlin stickers that I bought about 5 months ago and never used. It was great to pull those out and use em here.

There are more cards on the Cardabilities blog to inspire you today. Go check out what the Design Team gals have created using today's sketch and then pull out your supplies and create your own card.

Stamps: Christmas Classics (Flourishes)
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento, Chocolate Chip, Antique Linen distress
CS: Choc Chip, Real Red, Vanilla, Olive, Garden Green, Merry Moments dp (SU)
Other: Copics, circle dies, Label 3 Nestabilities, Red Banner Stickers (Jenni Bowlin Studio), sponge, dotted scallop edge punch, Martha Stewart branch punch, May Arts ribbon
TJ Technique: Wisped Frames

8 comments:

Jennifer Roach said...

This is GORGEOUS!! And wishin you a very Happy Birthday too :)

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card.

Jan Hennings said...

such a super sweet card..love the cardinal and design :)

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a beautiful,beautiful card!!!

itsallrosi said...

great job with the sketch. and happy birthday!

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and also the lovely rich colours.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card and great job with the sketch!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

This such a gorgeous card!! Love the details and great take on the sketch! ;)