Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Embossed Iris Butterflies


I just got the latest Technique Junkies CD this week (Emboss or Die), and when I saw the Embossed Image technique, I knew it would be perfect with these butterflies from Class Act. Ohhhhhhhhh I just love the way this turned out!

I wanted a soft, spring-y, rustic-y feel for this card, so I used kraft, lilac, and vanilla cardstocks. The lilac cardstock is punched with the Dotted Wave Edge Punch from EK Success and I wrapped some linen thread around the stamped piece. How lucky is it that these Prima flowers were the same purple tone as the butterflies I stamped?? I was having a good stamping evening when I created this. :-)

Be sure to check out the fun challenge over on the Class Act blog. I'll be playing along with the challenge at the end of the month (for the Chapel Road team), and you don't want to miss what we are doing for that challenge. You could win free rubber just for playing along! :-)

Stamps: Butterfly Angle, Butterfly Square - all from Class Act
Ink: Iris (Palette)
CS: kraft, vanilla, lilac
Other: linen thread, Dotted Wave edge punch (EK Success), Prima flowers, button, embossing folder
TJ Technique: Embossed Image from Emboss or Die CD

5 comments:

Vada said...

Well My Dear this is just OUT-standing.......
Love it Big Time..
Hugs Vada

Anonymous said...

Wow Holly this is just gorgeous. I really love the lilac (one of my favourite colours).

Sue

Dianna said...

Beautiful card. I am going to have a go at one myself. Thank you for posting it.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow! Love, love, love it, Holly! Have a great weekend!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, what pretty butterflies, Holly, and your flower with the twine looks awesome!!!!