Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Razzleberry Birthday Girl


Our family is gearing up for the big birthday bash where we celebrate two or three months of birthdays all at once, and this card is going to come in handy. I used this sweet Birthday Girl Quinn from the Sarah's Girls sheet at I Brake for Stamps to make this funky shaped card.

I colored the girl with Copic markers and paper pieced the balloon, and then I cut it out using the Out of the Box Nesties technique from Technique Junkies' Emboss or Die CD. For the card base itself, I went with a funky shape. I used a Grand Labels 4 Nestability to die cut the olive cardstock, and then I folded it in half to make the card base. Then I used the next smaller sized die and cut the designer paper and layered it onto the olive base. I added some strips to the left side and added the birthday girl to the center.

Have a wonderful evening!

Stamps: Birthday Girl Quinn from the Sarah's Girls sheet (I Brake for Stamps - use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
CS: White, Olive, Razzleberry, Cottage Wall dp
Other: Copic markers, oval dies, dotted scallop edge punch, Grand Labels 4 dies
TJ Technique: Paper Piecing, Out of the Box Nesties

2 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Holly, This is a great card. I especially like how you did the card base.

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, this is just tooo cute, Holly...is it mine????? Love the Grand Nesties you used, too...I may have to get some of those!!!!