Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rogue ATC - Je t'aime


Hiya, folks! Are you enjoying your Saturday? It's been wonderfully sunny and NOT in the 100's this weekend - awesome! Maybe fall is FINALLY making its way here??? We can only hope.

This little project is not a card. It's actually an ATC - artist trading card. I'm playing along in the Rogue challenge to create an ATC with some part of it sticking "outside the box." If you've been following me, you know I don't make ATC's so this was a bit of a challenge for me.

I pulled out my Floriculture stamp set and played around with some of the stamps to see what would look good. Due to the tiny nature of this ATC - it's only 2.5" by 3.5" - I decided to stick with a little floral scene.

The white cardstock is sponged with blue and green inks, and then I stamped the flowers with a brown ink. The three round-ish flowers are not solid stamps - I used the Silhouette technique (from Technique Junkies) to change them a little bit. The sentiment was stamped and punched out with an oval punch, and I adhered it to the top with part of it sticking out from the side. I added some sheer dotted ribbon to the bottom to balance out the ATC so it wasn't so top-heavy.

Have you played along with these Rogue challenges? Check out their current challenge and play along with us. There's a fantastic prize for one lucky winner!


Stamps: Floriculture - Rogue Redhead Designs
Ink: French Roast, Bermuda, Evergreen - A Muse
CS: Chocolate Chip, White - SU
Other: sponge, oval punches, ribbon (Offray)
TJ Technique: Silhouettes

5 comments:

Cheri said...

This is a fabulous card, Holly. Your silhouette looks perfect. Gotta check out that challenge - still lov'n those Creative Inspiration paints!

Michele said...

excellent ATC! very pretty and a lovely use of the floriculture set. i have to join this challenge! xo

BarbaraW said...

I see my competition is stiff. This is gorgeous.

Chrissy D said...

Very pretty!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, sooo elegant...I LOOOVE your silhouettes and what beautiful colors!!!!!