Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Spring Day



Hi friends! Are you enjoying this wonderful spring weather? Here in Texas it's been in the 80's for the past few days. It's going to cool off during the week, but it's been really nice to enjoy these pretty spring days (except for the crazy wind). I've created a cute one layer card for you. Yup, I made a clean and simple card with some pretty spring flowers on it.

I used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such on this card:

Sweet Wishes stamp set (Stampavie)
White Pearls - these are on sale!!
White Baby Pearls - also on sale!!
Build a Flower Embellishment #2 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Build a Flower Embellishment #3 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Cherry Blossom dies (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Flourish Leaf Strip (Cheery Lynn Designs)

I started this by simply folding my white cardstock base and stamping the sentiment with black ink. Then I pulled out my dies and cut the flowers and leaves from yellow, pink. orange, turquoise, and olive cardstocks. I took my time arranging the leaves and flowers (I wanted them to be a little folksy and asymmetrical) and then I picked up each one and glued them down. The yellow flower has a larger pearl from the White Pearls assortment pack and the other flowers have tiny pearls from the Baby Bling package.

I love this fun sprig of flowers. This could be easily adapted to a summer card, a fall card, and even a winter card. For a summer card, some bright neon flowers would be perfect. Can't you just see some deeper, richer hues for an autumn card, maybe on a kraft card base instead of white? And maybe all white flowers and leaves on a pale blue card for winter? Oooohhhh the possibilities!!

You can use this code, Holly-10, to save some money when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such. There's some gorgeous new papers that were just added to the store this week. :-) I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #72 - Think Spring
Opus Gluei #152 - Spring has Sprung
2 Sisters #135 - Flowers for Spring
Forever Friends - Lots of Flowers




10 comments:

SharonD said...

Not only a very pretty card, it would also make a nice desktop wallpaper!

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Holly, do you remember me? we were on the Belli DT about 2 years ago. Anyway hope you are well.. I've dropped by comment on your stunning card.. everything about it is wonderful love the colours the clean and elegant design and of course the fabbie Cheery Lynn Dies..
Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Challenge this week and I wish you lots of luck in the prize draw..
Hugs
Tamara

Wendy L said...

This is so gorgeous, great CAS card, thanks for joining us this month at Forever Friends. xxx

pst said...

Wow, a stunning CAS card. I love the branch with flowers. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month.

Electra said...

It may be simple to you, but to me, it's very special and oh so pretty! Thanks for joining in with us at Opus Gluei!!

Donna said...

What a simple but wonderful card Holly, would love to see the fall colors on a kraft card too, that would look smashing. You've done a very classy looking CAS card. Thanks for playing along this week at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge.
hugs
Donna xx

shulsart said...

What a gorgeous card, it is so clean and simple and yet so elegant! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Joann said...

Holly, I saw your CAS card and had to come by for a closer look. I am glad I did. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Rosemary said...

Oh, what a gorgeous CAS! I agree, this is highly adaptable but also you've done a beautiful job with it! This makes me feel springlike, even as I watch snow fall outside my window!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei!

Bj said...


This is one of my favorite cards. The simplicity is so beautiful! Love it!