Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Peacock Peony



Have you played in the Mother's Day challenge over on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog yet? This is the card I created for the challenge, and I kinda hate to give this one away. LOL That flower is just so pretty! But I know my mom will enjoy this card, and she totally deserves to have a pretty card for her special day. :-)

I started this card by smooshing some Peacock Feathers Distress Stain and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain onto a nonstick craft mat. I spritzed it with water and then dragged some white cardstock through the stains. After this dried, I used it with the Lovely Peony Background die for my flower background. I cut out some black cardstock with the Lovely Peony Outline die and then glued this black outline to the blue flower with a Quickie Glue Pen. Some Baby White Pearls were affixed to the center of the flower and then I set this aside while I assembled the card.

I stamped the Wooden Plank Cover a Card background (Impression Obsession) using the Mega Mount Tool with Versamark onto some Kraft cardstock. I wanted a more distressed, weatherbeaten look to my background, so I smooshed the Versamark inkpad all over the stamped kraft cardstock background. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Hugs and Kisses Sentiments set (JustRite) with black ink at the bottom.

I cut a strip of the plaid paper from the Vintage Bliss 6x6 paper pad and glued it at a diagonal onto my wood background and then I tied some Chalk White Seam Binding around it. The flower was affixed to the card with some Joy Foam Pads and then I glued this onto a pink card base.

This turned out to be a fun, happy, and sweet Mother's Day card. I can't wait to see the look on my mom's face when she sees this card. :-) I hope you play along in the challenge!  Feel free to use this code, Holly-10, when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You'll save 10% off your entire order.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #131 - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant #249 - Mother's Day
2 Cute Ink #105 - Mother's Day
Tuesday Throwdown #195 - Special Lady




5 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I hear you about not wanting to give the card away; it's gorgeous. As you know I just moved, and came upon two rubbermaid medium sized totes full of cards. I think I better start using them and giving some to my sister to use.

Contagiously Crafty said...

Beautifully simple card. That plaid paper was used to great effect. I was just discussing peonies and to find your pretty card- inspiration. So glad to have found you through Word Art Wednesday's challenge!

I've posted a comment party on my blog where I'm offering blog candy. I'd love to have you visit and join in the fun.

http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2014/04/an-unexpected-windfall.html

Christy Designs said...

Simply beautiful Mothers day card !
Thanks for joining us at 2 Cute Ink Challenge.
Hugs,
Christy

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO sweet, Holly. I love the design of this and I appreciate having you share and play along with us. I was DELIGHTED to be able to play along this week at Classy Cards N Such, too. LOVE their challenges. Thanks for sharing with us!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Michele said...

beautiful! xo