Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Pink Glittery Flowers




Have you played with the yummy Distress Glitters yet? They are gorgeous! Don't let the "distress" in the name fool you. These are not dull or drab glitters by any means. They are beautiful and they look almost like glass glitters even though they are not made from glass.






I used the Spun Sugar Distress Glitter on the flowers here. Isn't that a gorgeous pale pink? See how the glitters are more "glassy" instead of silvery/mica-y? Love love love!!

To make this card, I started with this elegant black and white toile paper from the Porcelain Rose paper pad and adhered it to a black card base. I added a strip of pink paper from the same Porcelain Rose paper pad near the bottom and I stamped the sentiment from the Botanical Medallions and Banners set (JustRite) onto the pink paper. Next, I cut out the Zinnia Bouquet die from black cardstock and set it aside.

I used the Zinnia Bouquet Background die and some Scor Tape 6x6 sheets to cut out some sticky flower backgrounds. I peeled the backing away from the tops of each flower head and stuck them behind each of their matching black outlines on the Zinnia Bouquet die cut. With the sticky top side exposed, I covered the flower heads with the Spun Sugar Distress Glitter, burnished the glitter with my fingers, and then tapped off the excess. I then adhered this Zinnia Bouquet to my card next to the sentiment.

I love this color combo of pale pink, black, and white, and that glitter just makes me squeal! It's so pretty! I hope you are inspired to pull out your glitters and have fun!

When you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such, feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order. Check out all the gorgeous glitters, die cuts, stamps, and 6x6 paper pads. There's always new stuff being added to the store so click on the NEW tab each week to see the fun new additions.




1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very eye catching. Love the glitter.