Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Washi Paper Weaving with Kanji


Hi everyone!  Are you enjoying your weekend?  Today has been wonderful - it almost feels like fall outside, which is sooooooo not normal for this time of year in Texas.  I'm really enjoying this little cool front!  :-)

I belong to a Yahoo group called Oriental Stamp Art, and this month's technique challenge caught my eye.  We were challenged to do any kind of weaving on our artwork, so I pulled out some washi paper and some gold cardstock and cut them into tiny strips.  I wanted to be able to see the gorgeous artwork on the washi paper, so I did some minimal weaving with just five strips of gold cardstock across all the strips of washi paper.  

The sentiment, from Art Neko's Japanese Kanji sheet, was stamped with Versamark onto some black cardstock and then embossed with gold embossing powder.  I cut it out with a circle die and adhered it to my paper weaved background with some foam tape.

If you would like to join the Oriental Stamp Art group, please visit the Yahoo group page here.  Click on the "Join" button and follow the directions.  After you've been approved, you can join the fun and share your Oriental artwork.

No comments: