Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

Let it Snow!!!!!!



No, it's not snowing here, but I sure wish it was. This is a card I had created for a swap back when it was boiling hot here in TX. It's just full of snow and glittery icicles, and it helped me think cool thoughts.

I used the Snow jumbo wheel (in the Holiday mini catalog) and inked it up with the White craft ink. It was so easy to just ink it up and roll. I love this wheel! The focal image is from Big on Christmas - my very first set that I just HAD to have from the new catalog in July. The colors here are Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, and Lavender Lace. These are nice bright colors to offset the dreary gray days we are having right now.

How did I make the icicles, you ask? This is actually easier than you would think. Tear a sheet of wax paper off, lay it down on your counter. Grab your bottles of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Squeeze out the CE onto the wax paper - draw a straight line, then go back and add the little icicles hanging off the straight line. Dump some glitter on before it dries, and leave it there. Don't shake the excess glitter off just yet. Let it dry first.

When it is dry (an hour or so - depending on how thick your icicles are), carefully shake off the excess glitter back into the bottle. Now very gently peel off your icicle strip, apply some 2-way glue to the back, and stick it on your card. Way cool, huh???

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: