Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Heart Tins




I found these red heart tins in the dollar bins at Michaels, and scooped up 4 of them. This is the first tin I have finished. I actually finished it BEFORE the holiday it is intended for! LOL

I took the lid off and traced it on scratch paper. Then I cut that out, and traced it onto Chocolate Chip cardstock. I had to keep cutting a little extra off so that it would be slightly smaller than the lid.

The red hearts are just stamped with Real Red ink onto Whisper White cardstock and cut out. I glued them down onto the chocolate cardstock, and then stamped "be mine" with Whisper White Craft ink in the little space between the hearts. After that dried, I edged the chocolate heart with the White Craft ink pad, and then glued it down onto the lid.

For the candy, I stamped the circles onto diskette labels, stamped the little tiny XOXO in the middle with Chocolate Chip ink, and then punched them out with the 1" circle punch. I wanted to use labels so that I could just peel and stick them onto the candies. I didn't want to glue anything down on top of the candies permanently, because then no one would be able to get the wrapper off. These labels are a very light "stick" - they will easily come off the candy wrappers.

Stamps are by PaperTrey Ink - Sweet Love and Limitless Labels. The candy is mini Reese's PB cups. The ruffled chocolate ribbon is a retired SU ribbon.

3 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Wow, Holly, this is awesome!! I love the hearts on the top and how you punched the circles for the tops of the candy!! I wonder who will be receiving one of these wonderful little creations?????

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh that looks DELICIOUS!!! Your Valentine is going to be SPOILED this year!

Etha said...

That's beautiful, just darling :) Great thinking on the stick on labels!!