Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Christmas Dove Card




Danita, Chrissy, and I spent Saturday afternoon challenging each other to stamp some cards. One of the challenges was to use this sketch and NO Chocolate Chip! ACK! I love my Chocolate Chip!

I knew I wanted to make a Christmas card, so I needed red and green. The other two colors were harder to work in - pink and basic gray. But it all seems to mesh together for a different sort of Christmas card with non-traditional colors. (Of course, I personally think Chocolate Chip would have worked MUCH better than Basic Gray... LOL)

You can find the sketch challenge here, and you can see I flipped mine around. Because of the orientation of the dove, it just needed to be on the left side instead of the right. Check out Chrissy's card here, and Danita's card here.

You probably can't see it, but I colored the dove with a white watercolor pencil.

Stamps: A Wish for Peace
CS: Holiday Treasures dp, Olive, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, White, Basic Gray
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Gray
Other: Prima poinsettia flower, Riding Hood Red satin ribbon, nestabilities, white watercolor pencil

4 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous Holly! I love this! I have an award for you on my Blog!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Great job once again.

Anonymous said...

Just awesome Holly.

Christi Flores said...

This is so pretty!!! Wow!!