Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Shimmerz Sleigh Ride



I had to see how this looked, and it turned out pretty similar to what I "saw" in my head. Wouldn't you just love to go on a sleigh ride in the skies with Santa??

I tore the white papers at the bottom, edged them with Broken China distress ink, and then covered them with Angel Wings Shimmerz. Oh MY! I love these Shimmerz!! (I got mine from Jacksonbelle Embellishments - such a sweet gal!) These shimmerz are little pots of paint and they are incredibly shimmery. Check out more information here: Shimmerz Blog. You have got to try these!

This Angel Wings is a white-ish, clear-ish paint, and it was perfect for new-fallen snow in those snow drifts. Don't you just love how fresh snow seems to sparkle? (I'm speaking from gilded, long-ago memory here...... LOL)

All the stamps on this card are from Cornish Heritage Farms. They are part of the Rummage Bin line. I just love the vintage-y looks of these stamps.

Stamps: Primitive Christmas, Winter Vintage Signage (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Broken China & Vintage Photo distress inks
CS: White
Other: sponge, Angel Wings Shimmerz paint, paintbrush, Stampendous Turquoise Sparklers

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous Holly! We are such visionaries! LOL I love it when those things I see in my head come out on paper! Love your card. :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Holly you did it again....just love this card!! I am a glitter nut and have got to get some of the shimerez stuff. Have not heard of it before you mentioned it. Hope I can find it.