Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Truly Scrumptious blog - sketch challenge #2



The Truly Scrumptious blog posted another sketch challenge yesterday. I spent my entire evening working on this and some other things for another challenge - you'll see those other things over the next few days.

This sketch was FUN! I love the four square panels in the background - it gives you so many possibilities. You could make them all the same, or all different, or half and half...... totally fun. The butterfly is a digi-image from Sweet N Sassy. My dear friend Chrissy illustrated this gorgeous butterfly. I am constantly amazed at her artisitic abilities.

I colored the butterfly with Copic markers and then sponged some blue ink around it. I punched a hole in the right side of the circle, fed the celery ribbon through it, and attached a prima flower with a brad right onto the end of the ribbon.

Guess what? I just re-read the Truly Scrumptious post, and they wanted handmade buttons on the card too! Ack! Well........ I didn't do the buttons, and I have about 5 minutes to get to work, so I won't have time to change that. It might help if I actually read the postings instead of looking at the pictures. LOL

Stamps: Digital Butterfly (Sweet N Sassy), Nature Silhouettes (sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Bashful Blue
CS: Pixie Pink, White, Celery, Sultry dsp by Basic Grey
Other: copic markers, nestabilities, sponge, prima flower, gold brad, celery grosgrain ribbon

10 comments:

Danita said...

Holly this is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you made it so soft and pretty, you are so good at that!!! Love how you colored the butterfly!!! Awesome job with this challenge and thanks for playing in the TS challenge!!!

Danita said...

you silly girl!!!! its ok you didnt read THIS TIME!!! lol next time, you will get a lashing with a wet noodle!!! You can always add them after too!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your butterfly is too cute!

Ceal said...

so pretty!

Dawn said...

Beautiful card and love the flower image.

Thanks for joining us this week

Dawn

Michele Kovack said...

This is really pretty! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Holly! Love the spring-like colors you used. Beautiful coloring on your butterfly!

Ann Kranitz said...

I love the colors you made the butterfly. Beautiful!!

stampershirley said...

Holly, that is just lovely! The colors and the butterfly but I really, really like the circle with the ribbon - cool idea! Thanx for sharing with us. Hugs, Sassy

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Holly, you did a fabulous job on this beauty...the butterfly is gorgeous and I love the soft, pretty colors!!!