Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

SSS31 Button Ornaments



Here's my take on today's Sweet Stop Sketch #31. The twist for this particular sketch challenge is to have sewing on your card. Well..... I don't sew. Nope, not a lick. If any buttons need to be sewed on or pants need to be hemmed up, my hubby does that. Not me! :-) So I went with the next best thing - Faux Stitching.

It's easy to do faux stitching. Just use a white gel pen (or any color of marker) and start making little lines around the edges of your cardstock. You can see I did this on the oval sentiment layer, around the button ornaments layer, on the green designer paper strip, and on the two little tabs on the side.

Go check out what the Sugar Babies have created for this sketch by going to the Sweet Stop Sketches blog. Even if you don't sew, please consider playing along with this sketch by adding some faux stitching like I did. Please use keyword SSS31 when you upload your card to SCS or PCP.

Enjoy your weekend! Can you believe Thanksgiving is almost here?? Happy Early Thanksgiving!!


Stamps: Take a Bough, Holiday Button Bits (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI)
CS: Chocolate Chip, White, Holiday Treasures dp (retired SU)
Other: FooFa La buttons, white gel pen, Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon (PTI), oval punches, word window punch

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE this Holly! I just got this set and I can't wait to use it! Thanks for the inspiration! Perfectly done as usual :D

mustangkayla said...

Oh, love this card!

Barb g (WV) said...

Well Holly, I just love, love, love those ornaments! The card is totally balanced and interesting with the paper on the diagonal...the card has a simple feel but in reality there is quite a bit to keep your interested in looking! It is all fabulous! I'm so envious of your talent!
Barbg(WV)

Joan Ervin said...

Well, Missy...we can change you zippo sewing skills real quick....lessons start tomorrow!!!! Awwww, maybe not...your faux stitching looks pretty good...love the button ornaments, too!!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Holly! I just absolutely ADORE this card girl! Those fabby DP's, your faux-stitching and how fun those buttons are too!