Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Four Hearts Love



I went to sleep with this idea in my head, and I ended up dreaming about it all night. So of course, I just had to get this stamped today before I forgot everything. LOL

I inked up the Spanish Script backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms and stamped it on a piece of scrap white cardstock. The scalloped heart was cut out from this scrap after the ink had dried. I then cut out three more scalloped hearts and arranged them on the brown cardstock. I added a button to one heart, the word "Love" to another heart, and for the last one, I embossed it with a Swiss Dots embossing folder. To make the embossed dots pop out, I smooshed a white pigment ink pad across the top of that heart.

The "Love" sentiment comes from the new Sympathy Expressions stamp set that was recently released over at Cornish Heritage Farms. It just goes to show how versatile that set can be. It doesn't just have to be for sympathy cards. :-)



Stamps:
Sympathy Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments) from Cornish Heritage Farms
Spanish Script backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
Espresso Adirondack dye (Ranger)
Snow Cap Adirondack pigment (Ranger)
Pink Petunia Versamagic (Tsukineko)

Paper:
Simply Smooth White from CHF
Simply Kraft from CHF
Dark Brown (Prism)
Guava Sensation (Bazzill Smoothies)

Tools:
Scallop heart dies (Spellbinders Nestabilities)
Swiss Dot embossing folder (Provocraft)

Other:
button (Autumn Leaves)
twine (May Arts)
ribbon (May Arts)
pearls (Mark Richards USA)

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

Beautiful, Holly!!!!!! Your hearts are sooo pretty and I love the balance you created with the button, pearls, and ribbon!!!!!Great colors, too!!!!