Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hello Honey - MTSC64



I thought this week's sketch on Mercy's blog was a fun and easy one to try, so I went wild cutting papers and bees and behives for this card. Never in a million years would I have thought I would use orange, black, yellow, and red together but here it is! LOL These colors are way outside my comfort zone but I truly had fun just throwing it together. Sometimes you just have to let loose and throw caution to the wind. You can end up surprising yourself. :-)

There's nothing tricky about this card. I simply cut the designer papers to size, used a scallop punch for the little orange scallop border, and then stamped the images (bees, beehive, sentiment) with Stazon Jet Black ink onto white cardstock. I always like to wait 5 to 10 minutes to let the ink dry completely before I color anything. After I colored the bees, I applied Stardust Stickles (my FAVE!) to the wings and let them dry for a couple of hours. Then I cut all the images out and arranged them on the card. Fun!!

Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!! Can you tell it's been a LONG week for me?? :-)


Stamps:
The Birds and the Bees (Kim Hughes) from Cornish Heritage Farms
The Landing Pad (Kim Hughes) from Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon (Tsukineko)
Memento Markers - Campfire set from Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
Simply Smooth White from Cornish Heritage Farms
Bazzill Smoothies
Sugar Rush (Basic Grey)

Other:
buttons (Rusty Pickle)
scallop punch (EK Success)
Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Holly!!!! WOW, will ya look at all the layers and the sparkle you added to the wings looks AWESOME!!!! Love how you created the sentiment, too!!!!

Chrissy D said...

Girl- this is BUG_DORABLE! Love the papers you chose and the colors PERFECT!