Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Glittered Butterflies in the Window



It's been a while since I played with my glitter, so I pulled them out and had fun getting all glitter-fied! Hee hee hee! For this card, I punched out the butterflies from some adhesive paper (it's sticky on one side and plain paper on the back side), pulled off the protective paper and glittered them up. I smooshed the glitter into the adhesive with my fingers just to make sure it was good and stuck and then brushed off the excess.

I used some 1/4" red liner tape from Creative Cuts and More and adhered it all around the window and on the windowpanes. I wanted a softer look around the window so it wouldn't distract from the colorful butterflies, so I went with a white Martha Stewart glitter.

The stamped sentiment just seemed appropriate with the beautiful butterflies, so I used a dark purple ink and stamped it directly on the card. Instead of adding a bunch of embellishments that would overshadow the delicate butterflies, I just tied a ribbon on the side.

Have a wonderful Sunday!


Die Cuts:
Four Pane Window A7 Scallop Card from Creative Cuts and More


Stamps: Paper Bag Studios
Ink: Elegant Eggplant (SU)
Paper: Curious Cryogen White
Ribbon: May Arts
Glitter: Martha Stewart Crafts (white), Jazzy (green and purple)
Other: Killer Red Tacky Tape - 1/4" (Creative Cuts and More), adhesive paper (PK Glitz), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)

4 comments:

Steph Zerbe said...

great use of this window card. Love the butterflies and glitter!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Holly. Love the glitter, the butterflies, the color scheme and that ribbon is absolutely perfect!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hi! I was popping by for this week's CHF hop but don't see your post yet! I'll catch you later!
BTW - LOVE the polished stone post further down! Drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!

Joan Ervin said...

GASP!!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE this, Holly!!!! What an absolutely gorgeous design with the glittery butterflies!!!!!