Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Birthday Kite - Color Throwdown #101



Have you seen the new colors for this week's Color Throwdown? They are challenging everyone to create something with Kraft, Black, Kiwi Kiss, and Baja Breeze. I never would have picked black - I usually use a brown color with Baja Breeze, so this was a challenge for me. I have some very light touches of black on my card - just the stamped images are black.

This is totally my style of card. Clean, simple, fun, and easy. I kicked it up a little bit by paper piecing the kite. It's the total opposite of what my mom would create, as she is the foo-foo queen. The more layers and embellishments, the better. LOL

Stamps:
Up, Up, and Away (PTI)

Ink:
Tuxedo Black Memento

Paper:
Baja Breeze
Kraft
White
Farm Fresh (October Afternoon)

Other:
scallop edge punch (SU)
cloud dies (PTI)
Kraft ribbon (SU)

Technique:
Paper Piecing (Feb 2003 issue of Technique Junkies)

6 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute idea to paper-piece the kite! Adorable CAS card! Thanks for playing!

Terry said...

Very cute card!

Broni said...

Dang, Holly, what a great CAS card!! I love those clouds and your paper-pieced kite! And, yes, your mom certainly is the foo-foo queen! She does it to perfection!!

Marnie Blum said...

I like the paper tie in with the kite and the border, very clever and cute.

Laura Pryor said...

Love your sky scene! Love the paper pieced kite too! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

Hey...I resemble that remark....LOL!!!! You did a wonderful job with the colors, Holly...your little kite and clouds are sooo cute!!!! I think you need to give me lessions on how to do CAS...I need help!!!!!