Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cracked Glass Christmas Deer



A "deer" friend of mine sent me some new rubbah from I Brake for Stamps, and I just had to clear off my desk and play. I found this sketch over on the Sweet Stop Sketches blog, and I thought it would work pretty good with this deer image.

I colored the deer image with Copic markers and then I used a Cracked Glass technique over it. This technique comes from the Technique Junkies February 2008 issue. I paired this with some papers from a Christmas pack from Hobby Lobby and added a little bit of May Arts lace. LOVE this deer image! Thank you so much, girlie!!!

Stamps:
deer collage - I Brake For Stamps
sentiment - Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
Rich Cocoa Memento
Antique Linen distress

Paper:
Chocolate Chip, White
Christmas paper from Hobby Lobby

Other:
oval dies - Spellbinders
Copic markers
sponge
lace - May Arts

Technique:
Cracked Glass (2-08 issue of Technique Junkies)

8 comments:

Ceal said...

Holly this is Beautiful! my dh would love it as he is a hunter

Broni said...

Holly, this is just gorgeous! I love the cracked glass technique used with the deer! And you've got a Christmas card made already! Yay!

Heidi said...

Wonderful card! Love the cracked glass on the deer image! Man, I should start Christmas cards soon, although it's hard in 90+ degree heat!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card! You made great use of the colors to get ahead on your Christmas needs! Thanks for playing!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous work, girl!!! Love that crackle! Hope you are doing well. :)

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a fabulous image and technique!!!

Nancy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card!!!
Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful Christmas card and I love that technique!