Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Embossed Grasses



Mom challenged me to try the technique on SCS this week (actually she just told me I HAD to do it), so here is my entry. I embossed the grasses by stamping with black craft ink and embossing with clear ep. Then I did a Walnut Ink Resist technique as well as a Pulled Glimmers technique (both from Technique Junkies) with glimmer mists. After the glimmer mists dried, I ran the cardstock through the Big Shot with an embossing folder. If you noticed the colors I used, they match up with the ones in the Color Throwdown this week. I combined a LOT of challenges and techniques into this clean and simple little card. :-)

This card is so shimmery - I wish you could see the sparkle and shine and shimmer in person. If you are brave enough to withstand the Texas heat, come on over! :-)


Stamps:
Inspired by Nature - SU
Vintage Labels - SU (a gift from a dear friend - thank you!!)

Ink:
Craft black - SU
Jet Black Stazon

Paper:
White, Kraft, Black

Other:
clear embossing powder - Ranger
Finial Press embossing folder - SU
Kraft taffeta ribbon - SU
sheer black ribbon - Offray
Glimmer Mists - Patina and Kiwi
oval and scallop oval punches - SU

Techniques:
Pulled Glimmers - June/July 2010 Technique Junkies
Walnut Ink Resist - April/May 2008 Technique Junkies

4 comments:

Chrissy D said...

*THUNK* This is GORGEOUS! Just love the colors and serenity this card offers!!!! TFS!

Joan Ervin said...

You are such a good little girl!!!! I LOOOOOVE this, Holly....the colors are gorgeous and the texture looks awesome!!!!

joy said...

Wowie-zowie! This is an awesome card. So sophisticated!

Ceal said...

GGG Gorgeous!!!