Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chintz Pinwheel



I love this pinwheel technique from the August/September 2010 issue of Technique Junkies. It's really easy to put together as long as you have the right measurments. I added an acrylic snowflake dabbed with some cream paint to emphasize the wintery feeling.

The background is a piece of Basic Grey white-ish paper stamped with the Vintage Chintz backgrounder. Love this backgrounder for subtle and vintage-y applications. I tried to add ribbon, but it just didn't look right, so I left it off. This way the pinwheel really takes center stage.

I'm still working on tons of other DT projects, so that is keeping me busy here in the studio. Come on back here on Wednesday for the big "Baby and Wedding Showers" blog hop from Creative Cuts and More. You will love all these wonderful ideas we have in store for you. :-)


Stamps:
Christmas Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments) from Cornish Heritage Farms
Vintage Chintz backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
Antique Linen distress
burgundy

Paper:
Wassail from Basic Grey
burgundy
rose

Other:
acrylic snowflake
cream paint
large vintage brad - Making Memories
sponge

3 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Holly, you are on a roll!! This is stunning - love it! I didn't even recognize the vintage chintz until I read your materials list - it looks awesome!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh chick - this is GORGEOUS! Love it!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a cool looking pin wheel, Holly...love the papers you used and how you used the acrylic showflake!!!