Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Music Flowers Birthday


This is one of the cards that I created for Cornish Heritage Farms this year. This Large Polka Dot backgrounder is one of my favorites and this card came together easily.

I'm not one of those people who can cut into her treasured vintage books nor sheet music, so I was happy to find some patterned sheet music paper in a LSS. The tattered flowers are so cool and unexpected on a clean and simple card like this. I sponged a bit of the blue ink on the edges of the flowers to help them "belong" on this card.

I like how the black ribbon and the black musical notes really pop out against the kraft cardstock. This is not my usual sort of color combo, but I actually like this look. Once in a while I will do something unexpected, and this card is the result of one of those times. You just never know what that creative muse will do when it strikes. :-)

Stamps:
Large Polka Dot backgrounder from CHF
Thomas Kinkade Birthday (Mona Lisa Moments) from CHF

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon
Aspen Mist Versamagic

Paper:
Simply Kraft from CHF
Good Cheer (October Afternoon)

Other:
ribbon (Maya Road)
flower dies (Tattered Florals Tim Holtz Sizzix)
Dotted Scallop Edge Punch (EK Success)
button
twine
sponge

2 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love your handmade flower on this one!! So cute using the music paper!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Love this - these are my colors! Great idea using the music paper for the flower and then edging with a little blue!