Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Torn Frames Rustic Wreath


This card is for the Bring Back Beautiful challenge from Flourishes. I pulled out some gorgeous papers and distressed the edges, and then I used the Torn Frames technique (from Technique Junkies) on the circles matting the wreath.

You can't see it, but I used a Garnet glitter pen to give the tiny berries a bit of shimmer. I also sponged some Antique Linen ink directly onto the ribbon and then scrunched it up to age it even more. I just love this wrinkled ribbon! Normally I would run it underneath the wreath, but because I was following the Mojo Monday sketch, it calls for the ribbon to go over the circle.

I really enjoyed my three day weekend. Do you realize that pretty soon, our major holidays are going to be here?? Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years will be here before you know it! Where did the time go??

Stamps: Wreaths of All Seasons from Flourishes
Ink: Suede, Antique Linen distress
CS: Suede, Vanilla, Mirabelle paper from The Paper Studio
Other: sponge, Copic markers, Garnet glitter pen, May Arts ribbon, linen thread, distress tool
Technique: Torn Frames from Technique Junkies
Sketch: Mojo Monday #155

5 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card, Miss Holly! Love the rolled edges on your mat layers and what's not to love about that ribbon?? Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I love the way you used the torn frames technique. That is a great image; you really complimented it perfectly!

Carol said...

WOW, Holly, this is drop-dead gorgeous!!! What a beautiful card!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Holly, remind me to come here more often. Your work is fabulous! I don't know if I can get enough of looking. This is really beautiful. You're an inspiration!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, your wreath is gorgeous and I love the distressed layers!!! The papers and ribbon are beautiful, too!!!!