Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Winter Deer


Aren't these just the most adorable deer? This stamp is made by Stampavie, and as soon as I saw this in the Stampers Dream store, I snatched it up. As luck would have it, the current challenge on the Stampavie blog is to use die cuts.

I started with a die cut card from Creative Cuts and More. This is the Filigree Square Window Square Card cut from Wildberry Pie Bazzill Smoothies cardstock. I stamped the entire front with a snowflake background stamp and set this aside to dry. The deer are colored with Copic markers and I used a glitter pen on the "jingle bells" as well as the snow drifts.

I needed a sentiment so I kept this simple by just stamping the sentiment, cutting it out with an oval die, and then using the Wisped Frames technique (from Technique Junkies) around the sentiment. Sweet and simple!

Stamps: Dearest Deer from Stampavie, Stocking Prints (PTI), Snowflakes (Impression Obsession), Inside & Out - Holiday (PTI - for sentiment inside the card)
Ink: Fresh Snow, Brocade Blue, Rich Cocoa Memento
Other: Copics, sponge, oval nestability die, Sakura glitter pen
Die Cut card: Filigree Square Window Square Card cut from Wildberry Pie cardstock

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

Super Duper cute, Holly....such sweet little deer and I love the pretty colors you used!!!!