Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stickled Cupcake

You might remember seeing this card a few weeks ago. Why am I posting this again? Well.... PTI is running a special anniversary contest and re-posting a favorite card with PTI stamps is one of their challenges. I loved using this cupcake image from PTI and coloring it with Stickles. It's a fun, glittery, and easy way to color the yummy cupcakes. :-)



The TLC challenge on SCS today is to paint your image with Stickles. Now how could I pass up that challenge?? LOL I love all things glittery, so of course I have a stash of Stickles ready to use.

I printed out the latest Sweet Stop Sketch (#89) and pulled out some fun papers from My Mind's Eye. The cupcake seemed like a good image for painting with Stickles, so I pulled out my PTI cupcake set. I stamped the cupcake and the frosting with black Stazon ink, and then I painted the image with Cinnamon and Fruit Punch Stickles.

While the Stickles was drying, I cut the cardstock and papers and adhered them according to the sketch. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the blue paper and then added the cupcake after the Stickles was dry.

Why don't you pull out your Stickles and paint an image with them? Trust me, it is a lot of fun, and the glittery goodness will make you smile! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jolie réaliasation amitié isabelle

Noelle Reese said...

This is AWESOME Holly! I LOVE it! Stickles make me smile :) I want some of the Tim Holtz Distress Stickles. You can dry those with a heat gun! How great is that?

Joan Ervin said...

I just love that gorgeous sparkly cupcake, Holly....you did a fabulous job with the challenge!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh YUMMY!....now I'm hungry, lol! LOVE the sparkle!

Bev Gerard said...

Yumma Yumma!
Love this sugary cupcake!
Good luck in the contest!!

~Bev