Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

3D Christmas Tree


Did you have a nice 4th of July? With the burn bans across most of Texas, we didn't get to see any fireworks, so we stayed in the house and watched fireworks on tv. At least it was nice and cool in the house! :-)

I promised you a lot of Christmas projects this month, and here is another one. This is a 3D tree from Eureka Stamps. It's so neat! You just stamp the image, cut and score, and then glue it down.

I actually sponged extra ink onto the tree to emphasize the edges, and then I adhered a million tiny little red rhinestones all over. This will be a fun tree to decorate - think of all the different colors you could use, glitter, pearls, brads, anything you can think of. I used the Wisped Frames technique from Technique Junkies on the vanilla background behind the tree. I kept the rest of the card simple so that the tree would shine.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Stamps: 3D Tree Pattern from Eureka Stamps
Ink: Olive, Antique Linen distress
CS: Olive, Vanilla, Dashing dp (SU)
Other: sponge, May Arts ribbon, rhinestones (Kaiser), Label 8 die (Spellbinders)
TJ Technique: Wisped Frames

No comments: