Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

IBFCC #8 - Distressed Shabby Chic


Have you been playing in the challenges over on the I Brake for Challenges blog? This week's challenge is a fun one - grungy, distressed, shabby chic.

I used the Distress Stain Resist technique from Technique Junkies with this beautiful Magnolia Tile collage stamp from I Brake for Stamps. Then I used the same colors of distress stains to color some white seam binding, which I crumpled up and let dry. To create the blue background, I used the distress stains again, but with more blues and less browns.

Yeah, I was having a ton of fun with my distress stains! Wanna see what happened to my hands??


Hee hee hee!

After everything dried, I distressed the edges of the collage and adhered all the layers. I tied the ribbon into a bow and added a brown button with linen thread in the center. This collage is just so beautiful, I didn't want to cover it up with a bunch of embellishments or layers.

Head on over to the I Brake for Challenges blog and play along with us. We'd love to see what you've created!

Stamps: Magnolia Tile collage stamp from I Brake for Stamps (use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Versamark
CS: watercolor paper, Suede
Other: clear embossing powder, seam binding, button, linen thread, distress tool, Distress Stains (Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo, Broken China)
TJ Technique: Distress Stain Resist (Stampbooking CD)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card and isn't it fun getting all inky :)

BarbaraW said...

Your card is absolutely lovely. Love the hand decorations too.

Bev Gerard said...

hahahahahahaha! Somehow, I recognize that inky signature on the hands! But isn't it "worth it" when you come up with a fabby creation such as this?!

(((hugs))))

Joan Ervin said...

Oooooh, this is gorgeous, Holly, and sooo worth the inky fingers!!!! In fact, it's kinda foo foo...whoohoo!!!