Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Painting the Roses Red challenge

I'm playing with the gals on The Altered Alice blog in their "Painting the Roses Red" challenge. Creative Inspirations Paint is sponsoring this challenge, and one lucky winner could win some free paint just for playing in this fun challenge.

For my card, I found a rose stamp and colored it with pencils and Creative Inspirations Paint (the Pencilled Twinks technique from Technique Junkies). Since I don't have any Alice-type stamps, I looked around for something that would give me that "courtly" feel of the Queen ordering that all the roses be painted red. I saw this harlequin background stamp (Print Pattern from SU) and that was the vibe I was looking for. I didn't want it to overpower the card, so I only stamped a small strip with the harlequin diamonds.


Here is a close-up of the yummy shimmer from those Creative Inspirations Paints:



I hope you check out this challenge and play along with us! Enjoy your weekend!

Creative Inspirations Paints: Garnet & Green Olive
Stamps: Year of Flowers 2 (Flourishes), Print Pattern background (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
CS: Black, White, Real Red
Other: circle dies, pencils, aquapainter, scallop edge punch
TJ Technique: Pencilled Twinks

7 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks so much for participating in The Altered Alice challenge! Your roses are gorgeous, love that glimmer! I also love the way you set it off with all the black and white with touches of the rose red, lovely!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Looks gorgeous, Holly! Love the sparkle and shimmer, and the harlequin is the perfect touch!

CuddlyBunny said...

Beautiful art! I love the black and white and shimmery RED!

Thanks for dropping down the rabbit hole with us this month at The Altered Alice!

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow really beautiful card Holly.
Wonderful stamps. I love it.

Thanks for playing the Altered Alice this month.

Vickie Kertz said...

Lovely card. Thanks for the close up so we can get the full effect.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card Holly!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous coloring, Holly!