Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

IBFCC #9 - Background Stamps

Howdy! Today's challenge over on the I Brake for Challenges blog is all about background stamps. So pull out your background stamps and get inky and share your creations with us!

I love background stamps, and my favorite one is Holly's Tattered Background from I Brake for Stamps. This is THE most versatile stamp I've ever owned. Just look at how I used it on this card.


Not only did I stamp the Tattered Background on the red paper, but I also stamped it directly over the horse scene after I colored it. Now it looks like a very old Western painting - love it!!

I stamped this Desert Mustang with Timber Brown Stazon ink onto watercolor paper, and then I watercolored it with various distress inks. After this was completely dry, I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink around the edges. Then I used Antique Linen distress ink and stamped Holly's Tattered Background all over the colored image.

I used some Walnut Stain distress ink on the same Tattered background and stamped it all over the red paper in the background. The main image was distressed with a distress tool, and then I used the Torn Frames technique (from Technique Junkies) around it. Lastly, I frayed some twill tape and added that behind the Torn Frame.

You can see that you don't "have" to use background stamps only on your backgrounds. Give your stamps a whirl and see what you can do with yours. Better yet, check out what the other gals have done on the I Brake for Challenges blog and play along with us. There's a fun prize for one lucky player!


Stamps: Desert Mustang, Holly's Tattered Background - I Brake for Stamps (use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, distress inks
CS: Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, watercolor paper, Wanted pp (Cosmo Cricket)
Other: aquapainter, distress tool, twill tape, sponge
TJ Techniques: Torn Frames, Worn Wallpaper

4 comments:

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, Holly. Lovely colors and the frame is perfect.

Kathie McGuire said...

Oh my! This is one fabulous card, Holly! I have the horse stamp, but never thought of over-stamping it. Kudos to you for a very creative twist on this project!!!

Erica said...

This is so pretty!

San Diego Catering

BarbaraW said...

This card is awesome. Love that background stamp. No wonder it's one of you favorites.