Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Orange Chevrons


Happy Friday, folks!  This is the card I created for the latest Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.  Aren't these some fun, summery colors??  I normally don't work with such bright colors, so this was a fun change of pace for me.



I started off by stamping the Chevron Stripe background onto some yellowish/orange cardstock and adhered that to an aqua card.  The sentiment was stamped with aqua ink onto white cardstock and then cut out with a Labels 18 Spellbinders die.  Then came the fun part - cutting out all the flowers!  I used all three Cheery Lynn Designs roses dies - Large, Medium, and Miniature Roses.  I've used three different colors of cardstock for the roses - pumpkin orange, soft yellow, and a mid-range yellowish/orange cardstock.  I used some white brads in the center of the roses and adhered them in a slightly curved pattern.

Here is a list of the products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I've used on this card:

Chevron Stripe background stamp (JustRite)
Sweet Wishes stamp set (Stampavie)
Large Rose die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Medium Rose die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Miniature Rose die (Cheery Lynn Designs)


I hope this inspires you to play in the color challenge.  Create something using aqua, yellow, and orange and share it HERE on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.  You just might be the next one to win a fantastic prize from Classy Cards 'n Such!  If you would like to go shopping, you can use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you check out at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Have fun!!

No comments: