Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Stained Glass Christmas Window



Hello, dear readers!  I've created this glittery stained glass window card to share with you.  The products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I've used on this card are:

Grand Gothic Window die (Poppystamps)
Embellishment #2 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Wreath Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)

I started by embossing the Brick pattern onto my white card base, and then I swiped a pale gray ink over the "grout."  I cut out the Gothic window and the Luminary window from white cardstock and adhered the Luminary window inside the Gothic window.  I hand-cut a piece of clear acetate to fit the window and carefully glued it to the back of the window die.  I then used the Stained Glass Stickles Technique from Technique Junkies to achieve the glittery red and clear areas in my window.

Once the glittery window was dry, I adhered it to my card base.  Then I die cut the Wreath Strips from olive cardstock and affixed them to the bottom of the window.  The three little white flowers are from the Embellishment #2 die set, and I added a little dab of Yellow Viva pearl  to the center of each flower.  Once the yellow pearls were dry, I glued them onto the greenery at the bottom of the window.

I love the pop of red and green color against this mostly white card.  This card is intended to be a Christmas card, but you could use it for anything.  Just change the colors to suit your theme, and you have a wide variety of cards you can make from these awesome window dies!

Don't forget, you can save 10% off your order by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You can pick up all the supplies that I used on this card as well as tons of other fun crafting supplies.  There is new stuff in the store every week, so keep checking back for the latest and greatest!  

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers #79 - More than 1 punch/die cut (I've used 4 dies)
The Pink Elephant #174 - Punches/dies
Card Mania #7 - Embossing



8 comments:

Pat N. said...

What a beautiful card! It's really amazing!

Cheri said...

Fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card... and great idea

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmarkers

Hugs
Betty

Addii said...

Great CHRISTMAS card!It is so elegant...
Thank you for joining at Card mania challenges.

J said...

What an original card - I love the stained glass effect! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Feebsy said...

What a beautiful card, I love the elegance of it. The "stained glass" looks brilliant and the winter roses are a lovely finishing touch.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Sue said...

This is stunning. I love the design and gorgeous detailing


Thank you for taking part in the Card Mania Challenge.
Sue

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous! thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant!