Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Cardinal Greetings


Hi friends! I've been working on more Christmas cards, and you'll probably see several more of them this week as I share the ones I just finished. :-)

My Cardinal Greetings card starts with a black card base (A2 size) and I added a layer of paper from the Handmade Holiday 6x6 paper pad. I die cut one of the corners from the Lace Corner Deco J die set (Cheery Lynn Designs) from black cardstock and adhered this to the upper left corner of my card. The Cardinal on Pine Branch stamp (Stampavie) was stamped with black ink, colored with Copic markers, matted with a red layer, and then adhered to the card.

I used the Sentiment Frame #2 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs) to cut the black label and the coordinating white oval for the sentiment at the bottom right of my card. The sentiment, from the Noel Christmas Ornaments stamp set (JustRite), was stamped with black ink onto the white die cut oval and then I adhered it to the black label and affixed it to my card.

This card is going to be perfect to send in the mail with just one stamp. It's flat with no bulky embellishments and it will be easy to make 5 or 6 of these in one sitting. Have you been working on your Christmas cards?

The supplies listed above are all from Classy Cards 'n Such. You can save 10% off your order by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out. You can use this code on anything - stamps, papers, dies, Distress Ink markers, pearls, seam binding - anything! :-)

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

So Artful - Birdlife and Holiday Colors
Oozak #9 - Anything Goes + Red
Stamping with the Dragon - Heard a Bird Sing



2 comments:

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

This is such a beautiful cardinal piece! Thanks for participating in Soartful this month.

Crafty Cath said...

Gorgeous card! The splash of red on this little cutie is perfect for the Oozak December challenge. Glad you found the time to play along!