Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dwell in Possibility


Hi folks!  The Technique of the Week over in the Technique Junkies Yahoo group is Embossed Gelatos, and I love love love any excuse to play with my gelatos. They are so much fun to color with! I used three colors to create my background - Bubble Gum, Guava, and Lavender. I wish you could see the wonderful shimmer on my card - it's so pretty.

I pulled out a wooden flower embellishment, and it occurred to me that I should try the gelatos on that. So I scribbled all three of the same colors on the wooden flower and then sprayed it with a shimmer spray and let it dry. It worked beautifully! I love happy discoveries like that! :-)

The background stamp is from Cornish Heritage Farms and the sentiment is from Rogue Redhead Designs (new set called This 'n That).  Love that gorgeous sentiment!!  The wooden flower is a Prima embellishment. You can find the directions for the Embossed Gelatos technique in the April/May 2013 issue of Technique Junkies

The challenge over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog is flowers - either stamped or an embellishment.  I did both!  LOL  You can see the wooden flower embellishment that I used the gelatos on, and there are flowers in the background stamp that I used as well.  :-)  The challenge ends tomorrow so I'm getting this entered just in the nick of time.  

Rogue Redhead Designs is having a fabulous sale on all their stamps right now, so head on over and stock up!  I've got my eye on some backgrounds that are calling my name.  :-)  (I don't work for Rogue Redhead Designs - I'm just a happy customer.)


3 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful background Holly, x

Vicki said...

Beautiful background with Gelatos! Love seeing the RRD stamped sentiment. Thanks for joining the Rogue Redhead Rebel Challenge!

Tina Kelly said...

What a beautiful card! wish I had the talent. I have never heard of "gelatos" but presume they are used to colour. What makes them different from ordinary markers or copics??
Tina