Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ho Ho Ho Circles



Hi friends!  I am the guest hostess over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog this month as we unveil the March challenge for the Holiday Inspiration Club.  This month I'm asking you to make your own backgrounds for your holiday cards.


You can make any kind of background.  Try a new technique, stamp with a background stamp, arrange designer papers into a pattern, whatever you come up with!  I've got four cards over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog, each with a different background, so check them out and let them inspire you.  I'll share all of those cards here on my blog throughout the month.

For my card today, I used a technique that I developed for Technique Junkies called Collage Circles.  The stamps are from the Christmas Cheer set from Rogue Redhead Designs.  I actually stamped the text background from that Christmas Cheer set onto the kraft circles, but I wasn't paying attention when I glued the background piece down.  If you look closely, you can see that all of the text circles are upside down!  LOL  Oooops!  So pretend that I didn't goof and that my text circles are right side up, okay?  Hee hee hee!  I kept the card clean and simple so the background would shine through and so this would be a flat and mail-able card.

Come and play along in this challenge!  You can make any kind of holiday card - Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, whatever you want.  If you have any Rogue Redhead Designs stamps, we'd love to see what you create with them, but you are not required to use them for this challenge.  :-)  

1 comment:

2amscrapper said...

This is a great idea, Holly! I'm anxious to see what everyone comes up with this month!