Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge card


Hi everyone!  The Frantic Stamper design team is playing along with the folks over at Cupcake Inspirations for this week's challenge.  The inspiration picture is gorgeous, and the colors are orchid, pink, and spring green.  I decided to do a little watercoloring for my card today.

I found some spring green ink, and I smooshed it onto my craft mat.  I added a little water with a paint brush and loosely brushed it onto some watercolor paper.  Then I cut out the 09166 Solid Spring Sprig from Frantic Stamper from some white cardstock.  One I left white, and the other two were watercolored with some pink ink and some purple/orchid ink.  I also cut out the 09197 Small Thanks with Matting and watercolored that with the purple/orchid ink.

After my green watercolor background was dry, I cut it out with the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 20 set (MFT).  I glued the three leafy sprigs down onto this piece and then I adhered the small "thanks."  This watercolored creation was glued to a purple/orchid card base.

This is a fun and CAS (Clean And Simple) card - just my style!  :-)  Come check out what the other folks have created for this challenge over on the Cupcake Inspirations blog.


2 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

Smooshing...that's an industry term, right?! (wink) Now I'm going to be saying that all day in my head! Love it! Pretty card Holly, I love your CAS style! I'm glad you joined in with the design team this week, thanks for supporting the Cupcake Inspirations challenge with us! Wendy DT

Naki said...

WOW! What a stunning design! So simple yet the colors are so beautiful, and your water coloring is so soft and beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations as such a talented guest this week!