Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Jellyfish Shadowbox Card


Hi everyone!  I made this fun Jellyfish Shadowbox Card to share with you today along with a fun little sand-filled necklace.
Have you ever seen a Shadowbox Card?  It lays flat so you can mail it, but when you push the sides in, it expands the middle so it becomes a shadowbox.  There is a great tutorial on SCS here if you’d like to try making one.  The picture below shows a different angle on the card – you can see the “box” part better.


I started this card by stamping the beautiful jellyfish image with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink.  This jellyfish stamp is from Art Neko's P041 Japanese Fishing Scenes sheet.  I cut the paper down so it would fit inside the blue shadowbox.  Once the shadowbox card was assembled, I had a better idea of where to place the sentiment.
I stamped the kanji “Friend” with the same Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink and trimmed it down.  This kanji stamp is from Art Neko's A337 Friendship, Get Well, and Thank You sheet.  With the shadowbox standing up, I carefully placed the kanji inside right on top of the stamped jellyfish.
When i was shopping for the ocean and mermaid stamps, I also found these adorable little glass vials with cork stoppers in the Art Neko store.  I filled one with the Galveston beach sand and a few of the tiny little seashells available from Art Neko.  After I secured the cork in the top, I wrapped some twine around the vial and tied it with a large loop.  This will be a cute little necklace to give to the friend who receives this card.
This is my last summer-themed project for this year.  I am already working on some fun new fall cards using brand new stamps that you will soon see in the Art Neko store!  Come on back this weekend for a fun sneak peek!!

1 comment:

Bev Gerard said...

Love this peaceful shadow box! I've given that tutorial a peek recently, then opted to pass. Now you're inspiring me to rethink! Great way to share these images!